Meeting The Needs Of Children And Families
Is your family in transition due to divorce? Are you growing your family through adoption or a surrogate? The lawyers of Branch Law Firm provide experienced counsel for all legal issues relating to care and custody of children.
We represent parents and families throughout the San Antonio area. With nearly 20 years of experience in Texas family law, attorney Crista Marichalar Branch can confidently guide you in negotiations or court proceedings. Our legal team will assert your parental rights and protect your children.
A Clear Focus On The Best Interests Of The Child
Parents can get caught up in the emotions or hung up on specific details. We help you stay focused on the big picture – solutions that foster the health and happiness of your family. Our lawyers have experience with:
- Custody and co-parenting – We help you work out the details of conservatorship (child custody) and the parenting plan, or represent you in contest custody proceedings.
- Child support – We ensure the court has accurate financial information. We have also argued for deviating from the Texas child support guidelines where appropriate.
- Adoption law – Adopting is legally complex, whether you are bringing a new child into the family, formally adopting a stepchild or adopting a vulnerable child within your extended family. We make the legal process as smooth as possible.
- Surrogacy law – If you are growing your family through a gestational surrogate, we make sure the surrogacy contract clearly addresses the financial arrangements and complies with Texas law.
- Grandparents’ rights – We help Texas grandparents petition for visitation rights or custody when it is in the grandchild’s best interests to spend time with their grandparents or be placed in their care.
Experience And Compassion For Protecting What’s Most Important
In conflicts involving children, our first approach is to explore out-of-court remedies. But there are times when litigation is necessary, and we are prepared to forcefully assert your rights in court. We offer advice and support at every step.